Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Addicted

Well, I have experienced my first failure as a parent, and I'm sure it will not be the last. Hannah really likes to suck for comfort. For a while we (mainly Kyle) was letting her suck on his finger. He was quite shocked the first time at the strong suction and had a new appreciation of the nursing mother! Anyhow, after Hannah caught a little cold, I decided that sucking on a finger was probably not the most sanitary thing to do especially since I teach snotty third graders all day and Kyle rides the metro to work with thousands of other people. So, I gave in and gave her a pacifier to satisfy her need to suck on something. All it took was a few hours and she was hooked. Hannah never cries much, but when she does it is because she doesn't have the paci in her mouth. It is official...my child is an addict. I'm certain she won't go to college with the pacifier...or at least I'm hoping, her aunt after all still has a baby blanket!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: