Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Project

While we were in Colorado I wanted to do a project with my mom.  A few months ago I came across the blog Homemade By Jill.  Jill is a crafty little thing and as far as I can tell, she lives in an apartment in New York City and has 2 children.  If I lived in NYC I’m sure she would be my best friend get a restraining order against me  because I would be stalking her all of the time.  Anyway, on her blog there is a post about how she made a playhouse to fit over her kitchen table.  I loved the idea and wanted to make one while I was in CO.  It was a ton of work but I am so happy with how it turned out.

It all started like this:

 IMG_5878  IMG_5880 IMG_5881 IMG_5882 Not only can Amanda design multi-million dollar homes, she can also design playhouses.  I think she can make a career of it!

IMG_5883

Then it began to look like this:

 IMG_5927  IMG_5930 IMG_6066

I spent a lot of time using this:

IMG_6067

And I had a few helpers:

IMG_6193 IMG_6194 IMG_6195

The finished product:

The front door:

The mail box opens and the flower can be picked!

IMG_6200The back: The apples come off the tree, the flowers can be picked, and the watering can comes off too.IMG_6197 IMG_6199The pond: The fish have magnets and she has a magnetic fishing pole.

 

The garden: All of the vegetables can be picked and I left room in case I ever have time to make more vegetables.  IMG_6202 IMG_6203

The top.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That turned out SO CUTE, Alexis! I love it! And I bet Hannah is loving it, too. Good job! Beginner sewer...yeah, right! ;)

Renee said...

L-O-V-E it!!!! I showed it to Gene and he said, "Are you going to break out the felt today?" It might have to be a project to tackle this fall. Yours looks so good! Gene said that maybe we should create a zoo or a farm instead. Hannah can bring her house over and Callan will have a zoo and they can share. haha

Anonymous said...

So Cute, the house is great. PERFECT!!!!!!l

The Cutter Family said...

Friend, I have already started mine! The garden side is done (by done I mean cut and pinned)and now I'm tackling the apple tree ... I will post pics soon!! I'm afraid of the sewing ... YIKES!