Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Little Bit More of Everything

We are currently several hours into Hurricane Irene.  So far we’ve had a lot of rain and a little wind.  The worst is yet to come and should hit sometime overnight but as of now, we have power and everyone is safe.  Since we are so far inland we aren’t expecting to get the bad flooding that is likely to happen in other parts of our state but we are expecting some high winds and are prepared to lose power.  So far, so good.  I sent Hannah outside for a little “pre hurricane” play time this morning.  She was out there playing for a while and then showed up at the door crying hysterically.  She got stung by a bee out there.  Poor girl, it was rather traumatic for her.  Her finger started to swell and then her arm began to turn red, all the way up to her shoulder.  Thankfully, that’s all that happened and it began to go down quickly.  After some medicine, ice and few random bouts of tears, all was fine. 

Speaking of Hannah, in 10 days she will start preschool.  She is ready.  She’s been ready for well over a year.  I know she is going to love it and I’m so excited for her to start.  It is really hard for me to believe that she is old enough for school.  In a few short days she will be three and a half.  Today I turned on the I-Pod and we danced around the kitchen like crazy.  She was having the time of her life and I was, well, making a fool of myself.  That’s ok, no one was home.  As we were running around laughing and dancing I was reminded of what a gift she is.  Her quirky personality and zest for life are unmatched.  I mean, not too many other three year olds will stop mid-dance to make sure the pantry is locked.  Phew!  Good thing she is around.

For school she needs to have a canvas bag instead of a back pack.  I decided that plain canvas bags are boring- and Hannah is not boring.  Me, a plain canvas bag would fit my personality.  Hannah?  Not so much.  I’ve had this tutorial in my mind for a while and knew that’s what I would do for her bag.  Here is what I came up with:

IMG_4744 

Another project I tackled is a magnetic board for the playroom.  Originally I wanted to paint the wall under one of the windows with magnetic paint.  It is primer actually, and you then just paint over it with your wall color.  My mom brought up the fact that if I did that then we would be limited in future furniture arrangements so she had the idea of making a portable board.  So, I primed and painted and sawed and glued.  Kyle didn’t help me one bit.  The girls already love it!

IMG_4758

Sadly, we are missing a few of the letters already.  One of the reasons I wanted this board was because the letters were on our door before.  Sadie loved to take them off and throw them away or put them in the grocery sacks hanging on the door.  Trashcan now has a lock, letters have a new home, maybe- just maybe, we will be able to keep up with the rest of the letters.

IMG_4749

This girl is just silly- and she knows it.  This week her thing has been to put things on her head.  The other day it was her pajamas,yesterday it was a bucket and today it was Hannah’s panties.  Hannah tried to take the pajama’s away from her because pajamas are to be worn to bed, on your body, and under no circumstances should they ever be on your head.  You should have seen the fit that Sadie threw when Hannah took those pajamas.  Evidently, she REALLY wanted them on her head. 

I gave her an orange for the first time the other day.

IMG_4726

I think it is safe to say that she loved it!

IMG_4731

And, after looking through pictures to post today I’ve come to the realization that I’ve been neglecting my older child in the picture taking area.  I’ll get right on that. 

Signing off for tonight.  Here’s to hoping we still have power in the morning. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE Hannah's school bag. Good job, Mom. The girl is also more than ready for her dance class!
Sadie eating the orange reminds me of Brian eating an orange:)

Unknown said...

The canvas bag confirms that a silhouette is a necessity for me. So cute. And the portable magnetic board is such a good idea! The front of our fridge is so overcrowded with stuff, it'd be awesome to have her letters you made her on their own board. It's going on the to-do list!