Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Puppy Party

A while back I saw an idea for a puppy shop birthday party.  I fell in love with the idea because the kids had something to do during the party rather than just run around my house making a mess!  I searched pinterest and found so many cute ideas for the party.  The dollar store was a life saver!  99 percent of the supplies were from the dollar store.  You can’t beat that! 

Birthday wreath for the front door.  I didn’t intend on the party being pink and blue, as I originally was going with more of an orange theme.  However, I kept finding pink and blue things (and very little orange) everywhere I went, so I just went with what are readily available. 

DSCN1344

Puppy Adoption Station: Each child adopted a puppy and filled out a certificate.

DSCN1354

Dog House: The kids decorated boxes to take their dogs home in!

DSCN1355

Vet: Then they moved on to the Vet where they got a certificate of health and puppy vitamins!

IMG_6695

Next stop was the puppy wash.  They “washed” their puppies and got a puppy blanket.

IMG_6693

After the bath, they moved on to the puppy shop where they picked out a collar, leash, puppy chow, a ball, and a frisbee.

IMG_6690  

Last, they pup on puppy ears and went in the dog house for a picture!  That was the idea anyway.  I think I only got one kid’s picture.  Oops!

IMG_6696IMG_6697

We kept the food pretty simple.  I made paw print cupcakes and dog bone cookies in addition to some other snacks.

DSCN1357IMG_6686

Vet Bompa took his job very seriously!  DSCN1373

Daddy the Pet Shop owner.DSCN1384

 

The party was so fun and Hannah loved it! 

I was inspired by these ideas:

http://thecraftingchicks.com/2011/03/puppy-shop-party.html

http://lovesugarkisses.blogspot.com/2011/07/puppy-party.html

http://www.nothingbutcountry.com/2011/09/puppy-birthday-party-part-1-treat-food-table/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! Good job!