Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Quest Continues...

Hannah is searching...for what, we don't know, but this girl is determined to move. Today I put her quilt down on the floor so that she could have room to scootch around without getting a major rug burn. I put lots of toys down for her- just a little out of her reach - so that she would have something to scootch to. She wants to move, but she doesn't quite have a purpose for her movement. She plowed right through the toys and ended up 2 feet off the quilt with red nose and forehead. I don't know where she thinks she is going or what she thinks she wants but she goes for a ways and then runs into something or just starts crying because she is tired (or she is suffering from third degree rug burn). Today she actually got up on her hands and knees with her head up but then she didn't know what to do after that. I love watching her figure things out. You can just look at her and see the wheels turning! She is up! It is kinda hard to see since her shirt is hanging down but she lifted her body up, along with her head for the first time today. She has been able to lift her body off the floor but only if she used her big noggin for leverage.

She then kinda hurled herself forward in an attempt to move.


All of that work for a few inches!


I can get around much faster this way!

P.S. Yes...mom and dad's toys are in the background (Guitar Hero guitars). I will be the first to admit that I don't like video games. I especially don't like the X-Box 360. There are too many buttons and you can turn around 360 degrees and it is just WAY too complicated for my uncoordinated hands. However, one day my TV obsessed husband wanted to go to Best Buy "just to look at TVs" and he drug me along. Since we had been there at least three times in the past week "just looking at TVs" I wandered around the store and came across a Guitar Hero. I played it for about 30 seconds and I was hooked. It is really addicting! I don't play that much...I'm not a "gamer" after all- but if you have never played it before, you should give it a try. Who would of thought that someone who has no musical ability and hates video games would like this game? And in case you were wondering...the husband is no longer TV obsessed...he finally bought one.

No comments: