Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 3, 2010

One Smart Cookie

One of Hannah's favorite things to do is to draw pictures on her easel.  It is not uncommon to hear, "More paper, pwwease!"  If we won't get her more paper she had been climbing up on the ledge of the easel to try to turn the paper herself.  The other day Kyle told her that if he saw her up on that ledge again that the easel was going to be put away and she wouldn't be able to play with it anymore.  Yesterday I was busy in the kitchen and I heard the knob turning on the easel.  Uh-Oh I thought to myself, Mom is going to have to be the bad guy and put the easel away for a while.  When I walked into the playroom, this is what I saw!  She had moved that toy bin over to the easel so she could get more paper, but still follow the rules.  I was pretty impressed with her thinking and reasoning skills.  She is in a stage where she wants to be very independent!
Now I know some of you are thinking...Why is she in her underwear?  The result of Hannah wanting to be independent but yet still actually needing help to do things and mom not wanting to do 30 loads of laundry a week.  It involved the potty...I won't go into any details.

P.S. As I read back over my last post I realized that it sounded like we were going to find out the gender of the baby tomorrow at the ultrasound.  We aren't!  We are going to be surprised and we've already waited so long, what is a few more weeks?

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, she IS one smart cookie! And pretty cute in her undies. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!!! Wa-hoo for surprises!

Kim said...

That's my girl - SMART! Wonder where she gets that from??