Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

End of 2011 Wrap Up

Due to major computer crashes (yes, multiple) this fall, I was unable to blog about the majority of our fall and the end of 2011, so here is the very condensed version with very few pictures, since most of them are not on my new computer yet:

* Took a trip to New York City, where all Hannah wanted to see was the Statue of Liberty, and cried when we left to come back home.  I think she may be a city girl.  She loved all of the hustle and bustle.

* My great friend, Magen, came from Colorado to visit for a week.  We had a great time being tourists all over DC.

* I turned 30.

* Went on Hannah’s first school field trip to the pumpkin patch.  Sadie got to tag along and it was great fun for all of us until we left the parking lot and the wheel fell off my car.

* Dropped the girls off in Colorado and headed to Vegas with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday.  Saw the LOVE show, it was awesome. 

  IMG_5674

*Returned to Colorado and spent Thanksgiving with our family.  The highlight being meeting our new niece, Evelyn. IMG_5785

*Sadie turned 18 months old.

* Went with our good friends here to cut down our Christmas tree.  I wasn’t feeling well on Christmas decorating day, so it was minimal this year. IMG_6001

* December brought the news that I needed to have my gallbladder removed due to some health issues it was causing.

* Hannah went shopping for Christmas presents for the rest of us at her school and kept it a secret for three weeks!

* Hannah had her first school Christmas program.  So cute! IMG_6066

* We spent Christmas at our house with Aunt Kelsi.  It was great to be home and have Christmas as a family, even though the girls were pretty sick.

* We started a few new Christmas traditions around here.  Cream of crab soup for Christmas Eve, fondue for our Christmas dinner dessert, and Kyle has started buying us all t-shirts. IMG_6130

* My sister came and visited for a week.  We had an awesome time browsing thrift stores, being crafty and giving pedicures.  IMG_6135

* We spent New Years Eve with friends who are also parents of many small children.  We put all the kids to bed and by some miracle, all the adults stayed awake until midnight!

* This week was marked by surgery for me, Hannah’s first tap class at dance, Kyle playing Mr. Mom since I am down for a few days, and Sadie just being her normal crazy self!   Yes, she did make all that mess by herself!  IMG_6072

That sums up the end of our year.  We are looking forward to a great 2012!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hannah's wings are the perfect complement to her Tebow shirt! I can't believe how much Pita's profile looks like you:)