Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Create: Casserole Carrier

Leading up to Christmas I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a Christmas gift for Hannah’s preschool teacher.  Due to a combination of feeling crummy for about 6 weeks leading up to and including the holidays this year and not having access to a computer, I just wasn’t feelin’ it.  I just couldn’t think of the “right” gift.  Then one day, exactly 3 days before Hannah’s last day of school before break, it hit me.  I had seen these two tutorials of how to make an insulated casserole carrier and I loved the idea.

Homemade by Jill

Two Little Hooligans

I had intended to make two of these as wedding gifts for weddings we were invited to this past summer.  Well, that never happened so I had all of the materials just sitting in my sewing room so I went to work.  Somewhere along the way, I’ve become a huge procrastinator because I put the finishing touches on the carrier before I took Hannah to school and then ran home to quickly do the glass etching on the casserole dish.  It was finished just in time to wrap it up and head to pick up Hannah from school.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute! 

It turned out so cute that I almost wanted to keep it for myself!

IMG_6043

Casserole dish for Mrs. York. 

IMG_6047IMG_6048IMG_6050

I have another one in production for the teacher’s aid.  Maybe that one will get done before the end of the year, if not, I’m already way ahead for her new teacher next Christmas!  

2 comments:

Renee said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Sure beats all the bottles of hand lotion and smelly candles I got as a teacher. :)

Kim said...

I really like the etching of the family name on the casserole dish! Great idea. The insulated casserole carrier is so cute, too. I need to make one for myself!