Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Best Birthday Present Ever

Sadie got this for her birthday:

 IMG_3943

We kid (ok, kinda kid) that Sadie needs a padded room.  This is the closest thing I’ve found to a padded room.  Let me tell you, this thing is a-maz-ing!  First of all, it is the perfect height.  Sadie can get in, out, and zip it up all by herself which means less work for me.  She is also fully contained and can’t fall out.  AND, she can jump her little heart out.  Now I just have to some how keep her from taking other objects into there with her.  So far I’ve found her jumping with the rotisserie stick from our grill (in her mouth) and a rake.  IMG_3947

Trying to climb the pole.  Only Sadie!IMG_3959IMG_3984

The best part is when she is cranky I just send her out there to jump and she usually comes back inside happy.  It has provided hours of entertainment! 

* Note: I know there is a lot of controversy about trampolines and safety.  Even some of my friends have been shocked that we would allow our kids to have a trampoline.  I’ve been asked many times if I’m worried that the girls will get hurt.  Short answer: No.  I know my kids will get hurt at some point in their lives.  I don’t worry about it and I don’t try to prevent all accidents from happening.  Accidents are going to happen, the girls will get hurt, and I choose not to spend my time worrying about when it is going to happen.  That being said, I don’t just let them do whatever they want and not think about dangerous situations.  There are rules they must follow while they are jumping (like no jumping with rakes or chicken skewers- ha!).  My own sister broke her leg on our trampoline when we were kids, and we still jumped on it every day for the next 5 years. 

2 comments:

Pita said...

Technically that fat girl bounced me off and our trampoline was no where near as safe as this contrapment. Happy bouncing girlies!

Kim said...

Gramma is happy to hear that Sadie likes her trampoline and that it is keeping her happy!