Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mimi and Papaw

Mimi and Papaw came to visit over Labor Day.  I’ve been a bad photographer the past few months and didn’t take any pictures of their visit but I was able to steal a few from my mom.  Unfortunately I was only able to download some from their first day here, but we packed a lot into a short weekend. 

Hannah taught Papaw her ballet moves:

IMG_6105IMG_6106

Lots of horsey rides were given:IMG_6077

We also went to the giant slide in Rocky Ridge.  I took Hannah here once before, when she was even younger than Sadie.  This place brings back memories of my childhood.  My own Papaw would find places like this: small, off the beaten path, most likely not up to any current safety standards.  We spent many a days driving around out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden some fantastic adventure would pop up before our eyes.  I’m pretty sure I found this slide when I was doing a search of Roadside America, or something similar, after talking to my Papaw on the phone about the newest restaurant he found.  Most likely a tiny hole in the wall that he drove over 60 miles to get to only to discover that although the floor was a little dirty, they had the best peach pie he’s ever eaten.  The fact that this giant slide is owned and maintained by a local church makes it even more likely that we would have visited a place just like this somewhere in Texas as we spent the afternoon with my Papaw.  IMG_6114

The slide: 35 feet tall and 100 feet long.  IMG_6127

An old swing/merry go round.  Chipped paint is a good indication that this park has been enjoyed by generation after generation.

IMG_6145

Sliding fun!

 IMG_6211IMG_6286IMG_6346IMG_6357IMG_6378IMG_6415

We had a great time with Mimi and Papaw and can’t wait for them to come again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! Next time we come with the girls, I want to go to this slide. :)