Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun

Hannah had a very fun first Halloween. I took the day off work since my mom is visiting this weekend. We were able to enjoy the beautiful weather and had some fun outside. Hannah got dressed up as a pumpkin and she went trick-or-treating to our neighbor's house. She was very interested in all of the children in costumes. She stood at the door and waited for kids to come!



Playing at the park.



With Grammy all dressed up for Halloween.
My grandma (my mom's mom) made this pumpkin costume for me when I was a baby. My mom kept it and sent it out to Hannah for Halloween. It is special to me because my grandma died when I was young and I don't have many things from her. It is big so Hannah will be able to wear it for a few years!


Happy Halloween!



All of our little pumpkins.



Grammy and Hannah






I tried to get Hannah into the carving spirit but she had little interest. She wouldn't stick her hand into the slimy bowl. She had more fun crawling around the kitchen floor.
Concentrating very hard on my pumpkin.


Grammy with her finished pumpkin. She is so artistic!



The finished products.


Glowing in the dark. Kyle told me he would carve the pumpkin anyway I wanted as long as I drew the pattern on the pumpkin first. He thought he would have it easy since my artistic ability is about ZERO. However, he failed to take into account that my mom would be in town and she is a great artist. She drew all of the patterns on the pumpkins. I carved the Boo pumpkin, my mom carved the happy witch, and Kyle did Frankie.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like you all had fun on Halloween! Hannah looked so cute in her costume! I love the picture of her smiling by the pumpkin. Gramma